‘You know what? You are magical to me. My blessing isn’t that I get an eternal life. My blessing is I found you.'






'I wanted a happy queer couple. I felt the audience needed to see, here are two people who, if not for this, probably wouldn’t have found each other. They have what they have because they have this gift.They meet killing each other, and only within that discovery that they can’t do it are they able to put down all this bullshit about religious hatred, about these cultural mandates, and look at each other and be like, ‘You know what? You are magical to me. My blessing isn’t that I get an eternal life. My blessing is I found you.'
  Greg Rucka, who wrote the original graphic novel The Old Guard and also adapted the screenplay, recently told EW that the relationship was very important to him. He wanted the audience to see a queer relationship that was perfectly happy, as well as seeing two people whose relationship would never have happened had it not been for this random bit of fate, and that their love ultimately overcame the hatred that it was born in.
  - quote from Cinemablend.com

Comments